Sunday, November 14, 2010

Total Immersion



Hi All,

Unfortunately not much as happened this week. No "running into radioactive waste and sprouting extra limps", "extraterrestrial sightings", natural disasters or the world ending (on this side).

It was an ordinary week in all ways, shape and forms. Sorry.

Global warming has made it so that Mt. Fuji (famous for its snow top) has been bare of snow until about this week... and I heard it doesn't really snow in Mishima.
I don't know how I feel about this. I mean I hate the cold, but enjoy snow. Here I get the cold without the one highlight of winter? Oh, boy.

Dale and I started requesting and looking for part-time jobs though.
Why? Glad you asked.
¡¡I am losing a lot of money with the conversion rates!!
It wouldn't be too bad really except that I want to do a lot and go out a lot and buy a lot.
And hey having a part-time job helps you meet people and such and such...
We've looked into the only skill that can really give us a job here --teaching/tutoring English.
So wish us luck and we'll see how that goes.

The only really awesome thing about this week however, was starting the dance lessons for the Foreign/Exchange student 日本舞踊大会/Japanese Dance Competition. The lessons are free and borrowing the attire is also free. You just have to register. Dale and I thought it would be a great way to meet more Intl. people and also immerse ourselves more in Japanese cultural while learning about Japanese traditional dance.







Highlights

We found a ramune (Japanese soda, commonly drank at festivals) that had a Squid on the cover and was of a dubious dark color. Neither Damien Billy or myself could read wether the ramune was squid flavored or the squid was depicted on the bottle for fun.
So Damien bought and Billy drank it while I watched and laughed.
Needless to say it didn't taste very good. And well, squid flavor soda... really?

LMAO!!! ~ Too funny. No, but it really was gross.



Sorry that is all for this week.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment